A few words
Markos Dallas is a teacher and researcher with a specialization in researching, learning and teaching in the field of Mathematics Education (Didactics and Methodology of Mathematics).
In 2013 he successfully completed an attempt to create this website called "Mathematics Education" aiming to inform on issues related to learning and teaching mathematics, which is developing and is visited by a considerable number of people.
Given his research interest in issues of mathematics education, he carries on participating in conferences presenting research and also as a reviewer and member of the organizing and scientific committees. Also, he attends online courses and he is actively contributing in scientific communities.
- Bachelor degree (BEd) with First-Class Honours ("Excellent" 9.04/10) in Education Sciences for Primary Education. Department of Primary Education, Democritus University of Thrace, Greece.
- Title thesis: The ways in which pupils of fifth and sixth grade of primary school perceive the meaning of fraction.
- Award and scholarship from the Greek State Scholarships Foundation (IKY). Scholarship Program for Undergraduate Studies (IKY).
- Master degree (MSc) with Distinction ("Excellent" 8.50/10) in Mathematics Education (Didactics and Methodology of Mathematics). Department of Mathematics, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece.
- Title thesis: Metacognitive strategies employed by third graders at primary school during the process of solving a math problem.
- Scholarship from the Greek State Scholarships Foundation (IKY). Scholarship Program for Postgraduate Studies First Cycle (Master) - Horizontal Act, from the resources of the OP "Education and Lifelong Learning" by European Social Fund (ESF) and NSRF 2007-2013.
- Schoolteacher at the Primary School of Greek-French School "Jeanne d' Arc" in Piraeus, Greece.
- PhD Candidate in Mathematics Education. Department of Mathematical Sciences, Faculty of Engineering and Science, University of Agder, Norway.
- PhD Scholarship from the University of Agder
- PhD Mobility Scholarship from the University of Agder
Educational and research interests
- Mathematics Education as a scientific research field and its implications in learning and teaching mathematics. Epistemological perspective of mathematics education.
- Philosophy of Μathematics Εducation.
- Theories of learning and teaching approaches (practices) in Μathematics Εducation.
- Methodology, research methods and ethics in Μathematics Εducation (Research).
- Social and cultural dimensions in Μathematics Εducation. Gender and mathematics.
- Mathematics in and out of school. Formal and informal mathematics. Mathematics in the workplace.
- Metacognitive skills during the process of solving math problems.
- Mathematical reasoning, argumentation, shared (mathematical) meaning and understanding of mathematical concepts. Practices and norms in mathematics classroom interaction.